Welcome to the PHA 2017-2018 Show Season!
Parkland Horseman’s Association (PHA) is a non-profit organization that hosts monthly Dressage and Obstacle shows at the Parkland Equestrian Center. Membership in PHA is required to participate in our shows and special events to cover liability insurance costs. For membership form, click here.
Accepting all major credit cards at the shows!
USDF Introductory (Open and Novice)
All FEI Tests
Class # • Class Description
IH-1 • USDF Dressage Sport Horse Prospects (In-Hand)
IH-2 • USDF Junior Handler – 12 and under (Jr. In-Hand)
LL-A • PHA Leadline Test A – 10 and under (Walk Only)
LL-B • PHA Leadline Test B – 10 and Under (Walk-Trot)
LL-C • PHA Leadline Test C – 10 and Under (Walk-Trot)
IN-A(N) • USDF Introductory Level Test A Novice
IN-B(N) • USDF Introductory Level Test B Novice
IN-C(N) • USDF Introductory Level Test C Novice
IN-A(O) • USDF Introductory Level Test A Open
IN-B(O) • USDF Introductory Level Test B Open
IN-C(O) • USDF Introductory Level Test C Open
TR-1 • USEF Training Level Test 1
TR-2 • USEF Training Level Test 2
TR-3 • USEF Training Level Test 3
1-1 • USEF First Level Test 1
1-2 • USEF First Level Test 2
1-3 • USEF First Level Test 3
2-1 • USEF Second Level Test 1
2-2 • USEF Second Level Test 2
2-3 • USEF Second Level Test 3
3-1 • USEF Third Level Test 1
3-2 • USEF Third Level Test 2
3-3 • USEF Third Level Test 3
4-1 • USEF Fourth Level Test 1
4-2 • USEF Fourth Level Test 2
4-3 • USEF Fourth Level Test 3
FEI • FEI Tests – PSG through GP (Please specify Test on Entry Form)
WD • Western Dressage (Please specify Test on Entry Form)
FS • Freestyle (Please specify which level on Entry Form)
4H • 4-H Dressage Test (Please specify Test on Entry Form)
Individual Membership: $30 or Family Membership: $40 (required)
Dressage Fee: $25
Class Fees: $15
All entries, accompanied by current Coggins, must be received before closing date for registration (2 weeks prior to show date). Late entries will be subjected to $10 late fee, space permitting. A small service fee may be added for payment by credit card.
PHA is proud to offer a friendly and easy-going opportunity to compete in the sport of dressage. We hope our low-stress environment gives riders a place to test themselves, their horses and prepare for larger competitions. Our NEW PHA Lead-line tests are a unique way to introduce young riders to the dressage arena, and all the growth as an equestrian and person that can be found there.
- Please read PHA General Rules.
- All tests are current USDF, FEI and WDAA tests unless otherwise stated. Find our PHA Lead-line tests in our show book or contact a board member for a copy.
- Riders MUST preregister and entry forms for the current year MUST be filled out in entirety accompanied by a current copy of a negative Coggins test and payment in full. A LEGIBLE photo including a photo of check may be emailed to show secretary but payment must still be recieved by closing date.
- Only one horse/rider combination per form and horse’s name must match Coggins test.
- Closing date for registration is 7 days before the show. Late entries subject to $10 late fee and accepted at discretion of show secretary.
- Mail entries in care of Heather Bell: 642 Siesta Key Circle, Apt 2833, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441 or can be left at Spectrum Saddle Shop or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees for classes scratched after the closing date will become a donation to PHA. Refunds after closing date may be considered with a request accompanied by a doctor to veterinarian note.
- Ride times available after 7 PM the Thursday before the show.
- Attire: SEI approved helmets are mandatory for all English riders, strongly encouraged for Western riders and are mandatory for all riders under the age of 18. Proper dressage show attire is encouraged but English attire or a sleeved collared shirt with boots, breeches and belt is acceptable.
- Introductory Level Novice classes are open to first year competitors only.
- Lead-line riders are not permitted to compete in any other riding classes on that day.
- Daily Awards: Ribbons will be awarded for 1st through 6th in each class. A 1st place trophy or gift card for classes with a minimum of 3 riders in that test. A Level Champion will be awarded to the highest score of all tests combined in a given level. Reserve Champion will be awarded to the next highest scoring horse/rider combination differing from Champion. With enough participants, a Junior Champion may be awarded.
- Year-End Awards: Champion and Reserve trophies and Champion and reserve then 3rd through 6th ribbons will be awarded for each level. Placing will be determined by average of total scores per horse/rider combination in each level. The Ali Memorial Junior Challenge Award will be presented to riders 16 years old and younger competing in Intro and above dressage tests (lead-line riders and In-hand are excluded) that have qualified for year-end awards. Please see PHA General Rules for more specifics to qualify.